CARE FOR WOODEN ITEMS
Wooden utensils are not only composable, they also do not conduct heat, will not scratch pans and food wont stick easily. They are cook's best friend.
To keep your wooden items in tip top condition and prolong their lifespan, by following these simple tips.
- Always wash by hand with soapy water. Avoid dishwasher to pretend any unwanted cracks.
- Wooden items are not exactly friends with machines due to overheating, eg: oven, microwave, dishwasher etc but it could withstand any heat from food
- Don't let your wooden items soak in water for an extended period of time.
- Make sure it is completely dry before putting away.
- Avoid storing in humid area to prevent any mould.
- Occasionally rub wooden items with Olive oil or beeswax using a cloth, rubbing it back and forth. Let it sit for couple hours or even 24 hours to make sure it is completely dried up. This help to sustain the natural beauty.
- To neutralise or reduce odours cause by strong flavours food, just simply scatter baking soda and rub it back and forth using a halved lemon/lime.
CARE FOR WATER HYACINTH
Water hyacinth grows and spread easily, making it sustainable for the environment. Water hyacinths could cover the entire pond easily in month's time. All the more reasons to harvest and turn it into a natural products, avoiding it overtaking the waterways, or obstruct water flow and eventually disturbing the aquatic life.Water hyacinth are not only making pieces of great character, they are also strong and long lasting. Here's some tips on how to prolong it's life.
- Wipe your water hyacinth with a clean, moist cloth to remove spills or dust. Alternatively, vacuum with soft brush attached.
- It is very important that water hyacinth does not remain damp or wet because this would invite moulds and will subsequently deteriorate the item.
- Let it breathe at all time if possible (eg: leaving it on a table).
- Let it sun tan once or twice every few weeks for 1-2 hours, especially if you are storing it inside a cabinet.
- Sun tan more during rainy days or when needed.
- Wipe unwanted fungi/white patches with a dry cloth and do more sun tan.
Product's durability is depending on how well you care for it, so give it some love they deserve.